How do I renew my study permit?
Application forms are available from the DHA website or from the International Office on campus. The following must be submitted to the Department of Home Affairs:
· BI-1739 form (R425, 00 – application fee)
· spouse ID and marriage certificate
· proof of registration with an institution
· an accompanying letter from the International Office
· proof of payment of tuition fees
· proof of funds available
· proof of South African medical aid cover
· proof of repatriation deposit paid
· proof of guardianship for minor if applicable
· passport (original)
You You must apply 30 days before permit expires, or it will have negative consequences.
Your application for extension of a study permit needs to be signed by the International Office on campus before you submit it to the Department of Home Affairs.
I want to change my Tertiary Institution or change my course (for study permit holders only)?
When you change from one Tertiary Institution to another or if you change from course, you will have to submit a BI-1740 : Change of conditions on existing permit or change of status form at the Department of Home Affair, they will issue your Study Permit for your new institution. The University is not permitted to register you until you have produced your VALID study permit.